Darzalex may interfere with blood testing; Kaine scrutinized for ties to pharma; medical societies are in support of bill exempting CME reporting
While analysts predict a first-in-class appearance before the FDA by 2018, many obstacles have arisen.
Despite the arrivals of new drugs, Genentech continues to be the market leader. Its drugs, Rituxan, Avastin, and Herceptin, are the category leaders, generating a total of $9.29 billion in sales.
Herceptin biosimilar meets endpoint in clinical trial; Roche plans to launch five new drugs over the next year; government seeks to block insurer deals
The drugmaker had launched the campaign for the multiple sclerosis drug in 2015.
The FDA approves generic versions of AstraZeneca's Crestor; Biogen CEO steps down; drugmakers race to develop smart inhalers
Avanir's success with Nuedexta sparked the attention of several suitors. In 2014 the company reached a deal to be sold to Otsuka Pharmaceutical for around $3.5 billion
Spending on CME rose in 2015; the FDA approves Valeant's Relistor; the Justice Department aims to block insurer merger
One oft-cited challenge to Entresto's adoption has been prior authorization requirements.
Twenty shops, including Co:Collective, Wolff Olins, and 72andSunny, have signed onto the Pledge Parental Leave coalition since March.
The FDA declines to approve Novartis biosimilar; GSK partners with Apple's ResearchKit; drugmakers partner with Lyft for clinical trial participants
Mehr was recently promoted to lead customer-centric marketing solutions at ZS Associates.
Roche's blood cancer drug fails to meet trial goal; the FDA says Valeant's psoriasis drug carries risk of suicide; Facebook tests disappearing messages
The health technology company's EVP of business growth and analytics talks about his career path, from studying medicine to leading ContextMedia:Health's commercial solutions team.
PhRMA brings on new members, Amgen partners with Daiichi Sankyo on biosimilar commercialization in Japan; Thomson Reuters to sell science unit
- Biogen ends Tecfidera DTC campaign, citing prescriptions
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, July 19, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, July 21, 2016
- As immuno-oncology therapies evolve, so will the marketing
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy