Drug spending projected to grow at 6% clip through 2024, spurred in part by pricey new medications; FDA approves new obesity device; Sanofi diabetes combo drug is better at reducing blood glucose than Lantus.
Merck will collaborate with Syndax to evaluate the pairing of an anti-PD-1 therapy in Keytruda with HDAC inhibitor entinostat.
The personal genetics company created a therapeutics group to extricate new drug targets from its research database.
A research collaboration between medical centers, drugmaker Biogen Idec and a biotechnology institute have identified a gene that could lead to new drug targets for sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis—or Lou Gehrig's disease.
The biotech exec speaks about the global launch of his firm's lead product, Duchenne drug Translarna.
Canadian firm presents FDA with its third biosimilar application.
The drugmaker announced it will acquire OncoEthix and its oncology candidate OTX015 in a deal worth up to $365 million
Allergan inches closer to Valeant takeover; Mylan trials underway for Lantus biosimilar and generic Advair; FDA advisers to make decision tomorrow on whether testosterone products are being prescribed correctly and if the drugs' label merits change.
Blood-cancer drug Kyprolis outperformed standard treatment in a late-stage trial testing the drug in patients with multiple myeloma, said Amgen.
Innovation is still valued in the orphan-drug space, but the reimbursement bar is rising. NPS Pharma's Eric Pauwels, who's launched five ultra-rare disease products, explains how these biotech brands can demonstrate their value. Marc Iskowitz reports
- McCann Health forms new global consultancy
- Alexion uses superheroes, social media to raise rare-disease awareness
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, September 19, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- When it comes to professional ads, print makes its comeback
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- The FDA approves Amgen's biosimilar version of Humira
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, September 23, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Drug Pricing Will Be a Key Issue, Whether Clinton or Trump Win the Election
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation uses Facebook to recruit Ashkenazi Jews for Parkinson's study