Drug spending projected to grow at 6% clip through 2024, spurred in part by pricey new medications; FDA approves new obesity device; Sanofi diabetes combo drug is better at reducing blood glucose than Lantus.
Merck will collaborate with Syndax to evaluate the pairing of an anti-PD-1 therapy in Keytruda with HDAC inhibitor entinostat.
The personal genetics company created a therapeutics group to extricate new drug targets from its research database.
A research collaboration between medical centers, drugmaker Biogen Idec and a biotechnology institute have identified a gene that could lead to new drug targets for sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis—or Lou Gehrig's disease.
The biotech exec speaks about the global launch of his firm's lead product, Duchenne drug Translarna.
Canadian firm presents FDA with its third biosimilar application.
The drugmaker announced it will acquire OncoEthix and its oncology candidate OTX015 in a deal worth up to $365 million
Allergan inches closer to Valeant takeover; Mylan trials underway for Lantus biosimilar and generic Advair; FDA advisers to make decision tomorrow on whether testosterone products are being prescribed correctly and if the drugs' label merits change.
Blood-cancer drug Kyprolis outperformed standard treatment in a late-stage trial testing the drug in patients with multiple myeloma, said Amgen.
Innovation is still valued in the orphan-drug space, but the reimbursement bar is rising. NPS Pharma's Eric Pauwels, who's launched five ultra-rare disease products, explains how these biotech brands can demonstrate their value. Marc Iskowitz reports
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Leadership Exchange: Engaging the Millennial Doctor
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- House passes 21st Century Cures Act that would allow some off-label sharing