Centers For Disease Control
The bad news: heroin-related deaths inched upwards.
The Centers of Disease Control reports that prescribers wrote enough painkiller prescriptions to give one bottle to every adult in the US in 2012.
Patients have to be high-risk or Baby Boomers for coverage.
Centers for Disease Control data shows that diabetes complications including heart attack and amputation fell in the twenty years between 1990 and 2010. The bad news: the number of diagnosed diabetes patients tripled during that same time period.
CDC finds that non-Medicare adults make up the majority of preventable heart attack and stroke cases; a Facebook study shows groups can influence HIV screening; and a Shire ADHD drug gets a "no" from Germany
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention profiles the typical sleep aid user, and finds that eight hours does not mean consumers are sleeping without help.
HHS is looking into how J&J marketed opioid painkiller Nucynta, adding to the firm's list of investigations and those of the industry as a whole.
The CDC says HPV vaccination rates are not improving. The latest data comes just as a recent report shows the vaccine cannot only help fend off cervical cancer, but throat cancers as well.
The drug maker can now add five new doses to its generic Opana ER offerings.
The drug maker eases the burden on its Symbicort franchise by scooping up Pearl for $510 million.
The actor and patient heads up a roundtable posted on the advocacy site CreakyJoints.
Pfizer cuts 136 workers loose in Ireland, BMS is investing in heart failure treatments, CMS has an official new leader, and Sanofi's iBGStar may have a competitor.
The FDA approved a flu vaccine that can be produced quickly, and lacks many elements that make patients skittish.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016