Centers For Disease Control
The bad news: heroin-related deaths inched upwards.
The Centers of Disease Control reports that prescribers wrote enough painkiller prescriptions to give one bottle to every adult in the US in 2012.
Patients have to be high-risk or Baby Boomers for coverage.
Centers for Disease Control data shows that diabetes complications including heart attack and amputation fell in the twenty years between 1990 and 2010. The bad news: the number of diagnosed diabetes patients tripled during that same time period.
CDC finds that non-Medicare adults make up the majority of preventable heart attack and stroke cases; a Facebook study shows groups can influence HIV screening; and a Shire ADHD drug gets a "no" from Germany
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention profiles the typical sleep aid user, and finds that eight hours does not mean consumers are sleeping without help.
HHS is looking into how J&J marketed opioid painkiller Nucynta, adding to the firm's list of investigations and those of the industry as a whole.
The CDC says HPV vaccination rates are not improving. The latest data comes just as a recent report shows the vaccine cannot only help fend off cervical cancer, but throat cancers as well.
The drug maker can now add five new doses to its generic Opana ER offerings.
The drug maker eases the burden on its Symbicort franchise by scooping up Pearl for $510 million.
The actor and patient heads up a roundtable posted on the advocacy site CreakyJoints.
Pfizer cuts 136 workers loose in Ireland, BMS is investing in heart failure treatments, CMS has an official new leader, and Sanofi's iBGStar may have a competitor.
The FDA approved a flu vaccine that can be produced quickly, and lacks many elements that make patients skittish.
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy
- 8 ways for pharma to improve the way it uses Twitter
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, July 28, 2016
- Infographic: Type 2 diabetes, a country-by-country snapshot
- Moving Forward — Without the Promotion
- Sponsored Podcast: No Patient Left Behind: Connecting Rare Disease Patients to Orphan Drug Manufacturers