Repatha and Praluent launches described by analyst as waste of money; AstraZeneca halts trial for cancer drug; health exchange choices dwindle
Cigna signs value contracts for new cholesterol drugs; Yelp partners with ProPublica for hospital reviews; ad-blocking threat to digital publishers intensifies
The results of a failed trial for Lilly's CEPT inhibitor has analysts saying there is little hope for Merck's drug in the same class.
Express Scripts revises PCSK9 inhibitor projections; research points to benefits of osteoporosis drugs; doctors consider emotional toll of cancer costs
It's possible that payers won't prove the wild card in the PCSK9 derby. Instead, physician preference may do more to shape the market and maybe even force payers' hands.
The pharmacy benefit manager included both PCSK9 inhibitors on its national formulary. Spending on the drugs is estimated to reach $750 million in 2016.
Now that the first two PCSK9 inhibitors have been given the thumbs-up by the FDA, the payer community finds itself in a situation comparable to the one it faced upon the arrival of transformative hep.-C drugs: What are they prepared to pay—and which drugs will get the formulary nod? Jaimy Lee assesses the fluid market dynamics
Amgen's Repatha receives FDA nod; Mylan shareholders vote in favor of Perrigo deal; doctors push for below-average price of experimental cancer drug
Physicians criticize pricing of Orkambi, Vertex's new cystic-fibrosis drug; the EU approves Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor Repatha; PhRMA boosts lobbying spending in the second quarter
The drug-pricing war between drugmakers and payers continues unabated. Dr. Steve Miller, Express Scripts' chief medical officer, talks about collaborating with pharma.
- Infographic: Can pharma give doctors what they want?
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, January 12, 2017
- Klick Health's Elliot Langerman on the Power of Persuasion
- Day 2 at JP Morgan: Change is coming, but which drugmakers will stay on top?
- Physicians group urges metformin rather than new drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Industry hires and promotions: January 2017
- The FDA targeted DTC, video, unapproved drug promotion in 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Trump administration raises questions for rare-disease drugmakers