Cigna signs value contracts for new cholesterol drugs; Yelp partners with ProPublica for hospital reviews; ad-blocking threat to digital publishers intensifies
The results of a failed trial for Lilly's CEPT inhibitor has analysts saying there is little hope for Merck's drug in the same class.
Express Scripts revises PCSK9 inhibitor projections; research points to benefits of osteoporosis drugs; doctors consider emotional toll of cancer costs
It's possible that payers won't prove the wild card in the PCSK9 derby. Instead, physician preference may do more to shape the market and maybe even force payers' hands.
The pharmacy benefit manager included both PCSK9 inhibitors on its national formulary. Spending on the drugs is estimated to reach $750 million in 2016.
Now that the first two PCSK9 inhibitors have been given the thumbs-up by the FDA, the payer community finds itself in a situation comparable to the one it faced upon the arrival of transformative hep.-C drugs: What are they prepared to pay—and which drugs will get the formulary nod? Jaimy Lee assesses the fluid market dynamics
Amgen's Repatha receives FDA nod; Mylan shareholders vote in favor of Perrigo deal; doctors push for below-average price of experimental cancer drug
Physicians criticize pricing of Orkambi, Vertex's new cystic-fibrosis drug; the EU approves Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor Repatha; PhRMA boosts lobbying spending in the second quarter
The drug-pricing war between drugmakers and payers continues unabated. Dr. Steve Miller, Express Scripts' chief medical officer, talks about collaborating with pharma.
- Guidemark Health merges with three companies to form new agency
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 17, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy
- J&J exec calls California pricing measure 'misguided'
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 24, 2016
- Will Investors Reward Drugmakers That Limit Price Increases?
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, October 21, 2016
- Why Excedrin embraced the headache of a contentious election season