The kits aren't likely to enhance American Girl's bottom line in any significant way, yet the flood of press coverage painted the company as compassionate in a way that few such organizations are.
GlaxoSmithKline announced that it signed a development agreement with Propeller Health to use its sensors in clinical trials.
Novartis and Amgen form neuroscience collaboration; the FDA approves a drug for people undergoing chemotherapy; a judge considers denying Pfizer's request to toss federal lawsuit
Sanofi plans immuno-oncology collaboration with Regeneron; Merck considers hard-to-treat patient populations for its experimental hepatitis-C therapy; drugmakers did not report 10% of adverse events to the FDA within required timeframe
The backlash to expensive specialty medications has forced the drug industry to partner up to prove the benefits of their medicines in the real world, according to a PwC analysis.
Merck settles a marketing lawsuit for $5.9 million; CVS plans to create diagnostic apps; a survey shows advertising agencies plan to keep head count steady for the rest of the year
Harvard's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Sarah Cannon Research Institute signed on to help the drugmaker develop cancer treatments.
Mylan weighs Teva takeover; GSK and UNC launch research center and drug company; FDA approves Roche colorectal cancer drug diagnostic
Merck funds protein-degrading technology; Shire expects approval for a new ADHD medication in 2017; state biosimilar notification laws focus on subtext
A Florida Congressman introduced a bill that would expand patent protections; Novo Nordisk expects to increase diabetes medication prices; AbbVie expanded its Alzheimer's research
The partners will focus on developing treatments for metabolic disorders.
The Paris-based drugmaker has axed 100 oncology and global R&D employees as part of a reorganization effort.
The $509-million agreement gives J&J rights to AC Immune's experimental anti-Tau vaccine.
The ISIS Pharmaceuticals collaboration will focus on gastrointestinal autoimmune disorders.
The drugmaker is collaborating with Charleston Laboratories in the development and commercialization of hydrocodone products. The deal means Daiichi Sankyo now has two pipeline opiates.
The drugmaker has paired up with Incyte and CytomyX in two separate deals.
The two-year collaboration leverages health content from Meredith Vieira's Lives project.
The drugmaker said JAK inhibitor GSK2586184 showed no effect in Phase II and has put an ulcerative colitis test on hold.
The company expects to return to growth in 2015 as it focuses on immunotherapy collaborations.
Ten pharma companies will share money and biomarker research under an NIH collaboration.
The two will explore cancer-attacking nanobodies.
The companies are changing the key compound.
The new deals seek out new strategies to address an expansive category.
The commericalization/development deal covers up to six anti-cancer assets, and gives OncoMed a 50/50 US partnership over the experimental monoclonal antibody demcizumab.
AstraZeneca and Roche strike antibiotic deals.
Monday's announcement builds on a stream of recent R&D relationships.
Despite a possible government standoff, exchanges are coming, as is a proffered rebrand; Amgen signs a university deal in China; Pakistan seeks to rein in pharma; digital marketing is on the rise, research shows
AbbVie and Galapagos go after cystic fibrosis; FDA's NME approval pace slows; government shutdown could slow ad-com votes; and a report shows privately insured patients had emptier pockets in 2012 than 2011
Complete Response letter slows Merck's suggamedex; AbbVie looks for next Humira; Roche drug gets breakthrough label; FDA effort to better track medical devices
Gilead's Striblid faces hurdle in Germany, Boehringer and Roche team up for companion diagnostic effort and Wisconsin hospital system says no to samples
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.