More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
- Business briefs: Angelina Jolie, adherence, Sanofi, Teva, AbbVie
- Business briefs: Eli Lilly, Millennium/Takeda, Elan
- Business Briefs Merck, GSK, Novo, Walgreen, Epocrates, Doximity
New Jersey-based biotech Celgene announced an agreement to purchase Abraxis BioScience, a biotech focused on cancer treatments, for $2.9 billion. Abraxis BioScience markets Abraxane, a chemotherapy treatment option for metastatic breast cancer, which netted $314.5 million in 2009, down from $335.6 in 2008, according to an Abraxis annual report.