More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
- Business briefs: Angelina Jolie, adherence, Sanofi, Teva, AbbVie
- Business briefs: Eli Lilly, Millennium/Takeda, Elan
Forest Labs agreed to settle government civil allegations that it improperly marketed antidepressants Celexa and Lexapro, as well as its Levothroid thyroid drug, the firm revealed in an SEC filing. The amount is covered under a $170,000 cash reserve. But Forest termed the pact an “agreement in principle” that is still not final and noted an ongoing criminal probe.
Separately, Abbott Labs said in an SEC filing that the US Department of Justice is investigating promotional activities for its CNS drug Depakote. The government is seeking to determine whether sales and marketing practices may have violated the Federal False Claims Act, the Food and Drug Cosmetic Act or the Anti-Kickback Statute.