More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
IMS said global spending on medicine will slow over the next five years to 3%-6% reflecting slowing growth in developed markets due to patent losses and policy changes – compared to a CAGR of 6.2% for the past five years. The data firm cited lower spending growth in the US, the continuing impact of patent expiries and belt-tightening as factors in the slowdown, offset by continued strong growth in emerging markets like Brazil, Russia, India and China, whose collective spending will become the second largest behind the US, surpassing Europe as a profit center for pharmas.
SDI's Pollen.com launched an allergy alert app for Ford's dashboard SYNC system, aimed at reducing driver distractions. The app offers one-day alerts and four-day location-specific forecasts on allergy, asthma, cold and cough, along with UV sensitivity.
InVentiv Health is buying contract research organization PharmaNet Development Group. It's the firm's second CRO investment since January.