More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, Novartis, Boehringer Ingelheim, Elsevier
- Business Briefs: inVentiv; Mylan; Royalty Pharma; Pfizer; Edelman
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
Salix Pharmaceuticals has launched a patient/professional support program for the management of hepatic encephalopathy, dubbed Hepatic Encephalopathy Living Program, in support of its launch of Xifaxan550 for patients 18 and older at risk of hepatic encephalopathy recurrence. The program, executed by Concentric Pharma Advertising, includes educational materials, co-pay assistance, treatment adherence support, a 24-hour toll-free hotline and a website, www.HELPenroll.com.
A Pri-Med poll of physician attitudes towards healthcare reform found majorities pessimistic about the legislation's prospects for improving conditions. Of the 1,527 primary care docs polled, 58% didn't think the law would help in the short term, and 55% said the same for long-term prospects. Asked about the most negative potential outcomes of the law, 39% said “expanding government control over the practice of medicine” while 28% cited “failure to immediately address medical malpractice reform.”