More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
Pfizer has received antitrust approval in its bid to purchase Encysive Pharmaceuticals for about $195 million. The company's offer to buy outstanding Encysive shares for $2.35 apiece expires at the end of March 31. The deal was announced last month.
Pfizer is looking to purchase Encysive to bolster is high blood pressure product portfolio.