More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, Novartis, Boehringer Ingelheim, Elsevier
- Business Briefs: inVentiv; Mylan; Royalty Pharma; Pfizer; Edelman
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
Boehringer Ingelheim announced an agreement to acquire Actimis Pharmaceuticals, a privately owned biotech company based in San Diego. The acquisition will occur through a structured buyout in which Boehringer Ingelheim will acquire shares of Actimis depending on the achievement of several successive milestones with Actimis' leading asthma compound AP768. Upon successful completion of the entire development program, the total deal will be worth US$ 515 million. Further financial details were not disclosed.