More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) raised its fees to fund increased monitoring of CME activities, expanded educational initiatives and enhancements to online services. Next year, providers with 2007 expenses of more than $1.4 million will be charged a “special assessment” of $7,000, while those with expenses of less than $240,000 will pay $1,200. A new Eligibility Review Fee of $4,000 has been instituted for non-accredited organizations seeking to determine whether they are eligible for accreditation, and several existing fees will see sharp increases.