More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
Eli Lilly is trimming its osteoporosis, diabetes and neurosciences sales forces by a total of 191 jobs as part of a restructuring plan announced in September, Indianapolis Business Journal reports. The company intends to lay off 5,500 by 2011 in an effort to soften the blow when Zyprexa, which has $4.7 billion in global sales, goes off patent the same year.