The chief creative officer at Carling Communications talks about how she learned that the best leaders are only as good as the performance of their team.
While some excellent and creative unsold work was entered, the judges felt that none of the submissions were precisely "daring" enough.
Did you know that Norman Rockwell was a medical illustrator for Merck?
It is clear that creative educational programs that find memorable ways to elicit empathy for the patient experience would likely be most successful.
By focusing on accomplished people, the campaign is meant to show that addiction isn't a moral failing, but a physical condition that requires medical help.
McCann Health, the 2016 Lions Health Network of the Year, and Campaign invited top marketers and visionary artists to discuss creativity during this year's Lions Health festival.
The key to a successful ad? Think simple with an unexpected twist.
Scheiner has held jobs in and out of healthcare over the course of his career.
"If you harness data and creative to make a real connection to your audience, people will follow the bread crumbs and seek information about your product," said Cannes Lions Health judge John Reid.
A group of Havas agencies developed a song and a ritual for a Reckitt Benckiser campaign encouraging people to use mosquito repellant.
Drugmakers test out virtual reality, partner with companies like Spotify, and go for the cinematic at Cannes Lions.
The discontinuation of the Take It From a Fish campaign can serve as an example of the common ups-and-downs of pharma marketing.
MM&M asks: What was the ROI for putting a McCann Health smiley face on the steps of the Palais?
Everything from the brand promise to the campaign solution to the case-study video — it all has to be based in authenticity, he says.
On creativity: "Creativity can emerge from anywhere and anyone at any time. Medical breakthroughs aren't just discovered by scientists and researchers anymore."
He talks about the three qualities that make for a great campaign and why conservatism will not help drugmakers address reputational issues.
It's time for meetings that revolve around rosé on the Carlton Terrace. It's also time for the professional creative inferiority complex to pop up for people who make pharma ads.
A rundown of MM&M at Cannes, and five burning questions heading into the Lions Health festival and awards.
"The Period Shop" is the first effort in a multi-year "Period Projects" campaign.
The billboards themselves operate on simple principles: fool mosquitoes into thinking they've found a human, and then trap them until they die of dehydration.
Industry criticism can create opportunities for drugmakers and other healthcare organizations to create a stronger narrative.
Giant appointed Ben Mallory, who has held creative leadership roles at AstraZeneca, as its new executive creative director.
Facebook has found that 43% of people who watch the first three seconds of a video will stay for 10 seconds. To create engagement, agencies need to rethink the creative approach.
McCasland has witnessed the agency's evolution from a small startup to a 150-strong team with offices in San Francisco and Philadelphia.
The note is exceptional not merely for its passion—Bernbach admits to being "damned worried" about the agency's future—but for its historical resonance.
The inspirational value is clear for Lions Health attendees, but there is still confusion about what good looks like for branded pharma campaigns, and how the US fits in.
It's not only a venue to gain creative inspiration, but a good place to scout talent, and there are no lack of strategic meetings underway in Cannes.
The second annual Lions Health creativity festival ended Saturday.
A quarter of this year's 1,862 entries are in the pharma category.
Moore, a longtime Goodwill Ambassador for Unicef, talked with MM&M about how creativity can be used to improve public health.
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
- Rock Health's Bill Evans on finding a career with meaning
- Matt Brown leaves Guidemark Health after merger falls through
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion