IMS is offering $520 million cash to add Cegedim's CRM and strategic data business. Cegedim says it will use the money to pay down debt.
Among social media channels, healthcare execs are most comfortable with YouTube and least comfortable with Twitter, a survey suggests.
MS patients have an "insatiable appetite" for information about treatments online, particularly the new class of oral treatments, whose manufacturers could be doing more to prep them for switch conversations, a survey suggests.
Harte-Hanks, the direct marketing giant, is looking to break off a piece of the burgeoning health and wellness market with the launch of True Health + Wellness.
Novo Nordisk is getting in on the boom in electronic publishing with a series of e-books available through its Cornerstones4Care patient support program.
Update CRM Inc., a US subsidiary of Austria-based Update Software AG, launched a CRM tool aimed at life science corporations in the US. The software, called update.revolution, hopes to attract clients looking to avoid high upfront costs and lengthy implementation periods.
Covidien is launching an educational campaign aimed at raising awareness of gastric bypass surgery as an option to treat type 2 diabetes among morbidly obese sufferers.
UCB announced a partnership with PatientsLikeMe.com to launch an epilepsy-focused patient community, and will report adverse events directly to FDA through round-the-clock surveillance.
Sanofi-Aventis partnered with Cegedim Dendrite to launch a CRM mobile platform for its managed market managers. The three-year agreement spans 28 countries, including the US, France and Japan.
If you still haven't entered the MM&M Awards 2009, then you'd better move fast--today (June 5) is the final deadline for submissions.
Pfizer is launching Detrol follow-on Toviaz with a 12-week patient support program featuring a progress tracker, personalized emails and tips on bladder training techniques. The company said many overactive bladder patients currently suffer from a lack of behavioral intervention.
Physicians say patient compliance is getting worse, and they're hearing more requests for generic or OTC alternatives to prescribed medications as the economic malaise takes its toll, according to a PriMed survey.
Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness won the US integrated marketing account for Durex following a four-way pitch. The assignment spans advertising, digital, retail and CRM and includes the launch of the new Bare condom.
Marketers anticipate substantial cuts in DTC spend in 2009, according to a Cegedim Dendrite survey in which 58% of respondents said they'd cut consumer ad spend this year. Last year 28% said they'd cut back on consumer advertising.
Recession got you down? Having second thoughts about filling that prescription? How about some help with your co-pay? That's the tack Bristol-Myers Squibb is taking with its Orencia Promise program.
Saatchi & Saatchi Consumer Health + Wellness is absorbing its spin-off Glow Worm in a "proactive" effort amid slowing consumer advertising spend.
Nine months after it pulled Chantix DTC amid concern about possible psychiatric side effects, Pfizer's tortoise and hare are back on the air with a new 90-second TV spot long on risk information.
To offer maximum returns, pharmaceutical Web sites and CRM programs must be designed and built using the insights from the user experience, say Laura Keller and Mark McConaghy
The internet hasn’t replaced traditional direct marketing, but its unique abilities have made it an essential part of the pharma marketing mix. Stephen McGuire finds out what Web-shy brand directors are missing
Centrix Pharmaceutical has agreed to license and deploy Cegedim North America’s Target SFA customer relationship management suite for its US sales force.
In an ever-changing marketplace, pharma marketers must always be working on ways to foster patient relationships, according to the marketing VP behind Sanofi-Aventis blockbuster Ambien CR.
Lita Sands, who once headed CRM at Pfizer, has been hired by Ogilvy Healthworld as client services strategy head in its Healthcare unit.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Leadership Exchange: Engaging the Millennial Doctor
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- House passes 21st Century Cures Act that would allow some off-label sharing