To download a PDF of this page, click here
MASTER DATA MANAGEMENT
Master Data Management (MDM) is the ability to create a single version of the truth for key information assets, and to synchronize that view across an enterprise. IMS Health offers a suite of MDM capabilities—including advisory services, strategy development, and technology solutions for augmenting internal capabilities and providing full-scale outsourcing.
As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, managing data is becoming increasingly more critical. Stakeholders including, sales, marketing, compliance, operations and IT have an increased interest in getting it done right. IMS Health has a long history of assisting clients with specific MDM solutions in areas of strategy, governance, data harmonization, data stewardship and enrichment services.
Clients benefit from the depth of our knowledge and experience in:
• Strategy development and implementation
• Data governance and stewardship
• Information systems architecture
• Business intelligence and analytics
• Information lifecycle management
• Information quality management and enrichment
• Data harmonization
We are uniquely qualified and work with many of the leading pharmaceutical and medical device organizations to integrate and manage massive sets of healthcare reference data—applying our expertise in multiple internal and external technologies, methodologies and best practices to advance strong data protection and compliance.
A successful Master Data Management program:
• Provides a foundation for new commercial models
• Supplies a single source of clean data to your enterprise
• Enables analytics to predict trends and deepen understanding of customers
• Improves ability to measure the impact of marketing campaigns and field based activities
• Increases likelihood of success with data integration and migration projects, particularly acquisitions, mergers and co-promotion agreements
• Provides faster time to insight
• Enables more efficient use of internal resources
Mastering MDM is no simple task; it requires specialized expertise in data governance and stewardship combined with the proper technologies. In particular, it requires the ability to manage customer information from its source through its ultimate consumption. When choosing to partner with IMS Health, companies can have greater confidence in the quality and completeness of their reference data—and an infrastructure that supports effective sales and marketing initiatives and regulatory compliance.
Address: One IMS Drive, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Business Contact: Eileen Moyer, EMoyer@us.imshealth.com or John Busalacchi, JBusalacchi@us.imshealth.comOffice Locations: Parsippany, New Jersey; Seattle, Washington; Phoenix, Arizona