The search-engine giant says that one in 20 online searches are related to healthcare, and more users are using mobile to consume media.
Companies such as Eli Lilly and Medtronic have launched branded apps for their products, but experts say they don't make sense for all medicines.
As digital-health funding increases, here's how VR, nanotechnology, and 3D printing could potentially improve the value of healthcare.
While VR is only just getting started, some marketers are already embracing its potential to offer an immersive experience for far-off future campaigns.
More acquisitions, less IPOs, and more non-traditional stakeholders are among key findings from StartUp Health and Rock Health about the state of digital health funding.
Judges loved the strategy and the comprehensive suite of support available across platforms for the Quitter's Circle.
Judges thought the Cooties Catcher campaign for Purell to help schoolchildren keep their hands clean was brilliant, innovative, and exceptionally well executed.
J&J insulin pumps are at risk of hacking; Merrimack CEO leaves and cuts workforce; Japanese scientists wins Nobel
Physicians are seeking beyond-the-pill services from drugmakers; Novartis debunks misconception that only smokers get lung cancer; pharma's access to docs declines
Sharecare acquires virtual-reality developer; Novo Nordisk to cut 1,000 jobs; the FDA approves Medtronic's automated insulin pump
A 2005 study estimated that 3.6 million people do not receive nonemergency medical care because they don't have access to transportation.
The app's co-founder discusses how it's educating patients and physicians about artificial intelligence and why Cardiogram is different from other heart-rate tracking apps.
The vice president of audience development talks about her days in the dot-com world and how struggling in a new role shaped her career.
The new SVP and GM of health believes that the Dentsu Aegis deal would provide scale and efficiencies.
Physicians are seeking beyond-the-pill services from drugmakers, but few sales reps shares details with docs about these programs, a new report finds.
Pfizer to acquire cancer drugmaker Medivation; Valeant names new CFO; Apple acquires health data startup
The health site had a 44% increase in unique visitors in July 2016, compared to the same month a year ago.
Valeant is under federal investigation; Lilly's breast-cancer drug fails to meet efficacy criteria; new policy opens up medical research of marijuana
The popular fitness tracker maker hired Adam Pellegrini, Walgreens' VP of digital health, to boost pharma and healthcare deals.
The company launched a health watch, a connected scale, a blood pressure monitor, and a thermometer.
The partnership is aimed at helping later-stage health startups grow their businesses with marketing and brand strategy advice.
Women use apps to get prescriptions for birth control; BMS names Gordon to chief commercial role; Takeda's Actos may halt progression of liver disease;
Verywell.com presents physician-reviewed health and wellness content that aims to be "gentler" than other health websites.
The Facebook for doctors launches Pages, allowing healthcare companies to establish a presence on Sermo and engage with physicians.
Discover why even digitally native physicians can no longer abide the flood of information e-sent their way.
Digital health technology for low-income consumers is growing and can be very effective when applied appropriately, a report finds.
The newly launched tools aim to reduce the time and costs of marketing new drugs by "debugging" the lab environment.
The digital health sector brought in an estimated $6 billion in funding in 2015.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016