Direct To Consumer (DTC)
Anti-DTC measures are unlikely to be enacted even though the backlash itself is a function of political change.
The proposed legislation would forbid drugmakers from writing off advertising as a tax deduction.
The American Association of Advertising Agencies said stopping calls for a ban on DTC is a top agenda item for the trade group in 2016.
Allergan executives attributed strong sales of branded products to recent investments in direct-to-consumer advertising.
The "Surprise, it's insulin" campaign follows criticism of the lower-than-expected sales of the inhaled insulin since its launch in February.
- Sunovion hires former BI exec as VP of marketing
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 24, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy