Managed Markets (February 2013)
MANAGED MARKETS SERVICES
IMS's Managed Markets Services group focuses on supporting our life sciences clients' managed markets operational needs, specifically addressing claims adjudication, trade relations, and contracting and government pricing challenges.
With renewed visibility into rising healthcare costs, expanded government healthcare programs, coverage gap and the loss of exclusivity on many blockbuster products, manufacturers require increasingly sophisticated data, analytics and solutions to realize the full potential of their managed markets and contracting initiatives.
Today, manufacturers spend between $60 and $80 million on discounts and rebates in the U.S. alone, in addition to millions of dollars adjudicating contracts. How can companies understand if these rebates are working? How can they determine if contracted plans are providing maximum benefit?
IMS provides a continuum of Managed Markets services to help organizations gain maximum benefit from their contracting operations and discount and rebate spend. We help organizations:
- Develop contracting strategies to maximize access and contract ROI
- Create and manage contracts
- Ensure regulatory compliance and operational excellence with respect to pricing and contract operations
- Implement systems to support contracting infrastructure
- Manage contract and operational performance
We work with many of the leading pharmaceutical organizations in the U.S., and to date have completed more than 50 commercial contracting and government pricing and Medicaid system implementations. We also maintain relationships with the respective government agencies and leading legal firms focusing on Medicaid, Federal and state healthcare programs, providing our experts with a firm understanding of the industry and regulatory best practices critical to managing the complexities and regulatory risks associated with these programs.
Recently, IMS acquired Marina Consulting, a consultancy focused on government pricing program development, risk assessment and compliance reporting solutions. The addition of Marina complements our existing set of compliance services, including:
- Medicaid Drug Rebate Program Compliance
- Medicare Average Sales Price Compliance
- Public Health Services (340B) Program Compliance
- VA Federal Supply Schedule Compliance
- Medicaid Claims Processing
- Medicare Part D Coverage Gap Discount Program
- Managed Markets Strategic Advisory Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Analytics and Reporting
- Systems Integration
- Contract Operational Services
- Plan, Payer, Medicaid and Formulary Performance Data Sets
COMPANY INFOAddress: One IMS Drive, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Phone: 800 523-5333 Website: www.imshealth.com/managedmarketservices New Business Contact: Ed Masterson, Business Development, email@example.com, 484-567-6735 Office Locations: Redwood City, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Parsippany, New Jersey; New York, NY; Washington, DC