There are also issues surrounding privacy and legitimacy. According to one expert's research, very few physicians use social media for professional purposes.
A recent CME course using Facebook Live generated 34,000 views and 600 comments.
The bill includes provisions to investigate the usefulness of off-label information but will no longer exempt drugmakers from reporting CME payments.
Rather than overtly push product information to already-stressed parents, 2e Creative and Alcon created Muck, a gorgeous glossy magazine available alongside other magazines in pediatricians' waiting rooms.
Rising healthcare costs, the need for team health delivery and enhanced teamwork, and empowered consumers have all played a role.
One critical aspect of oncology drugmakers' business remains firmly rooted in the past. That's customer experience.
A new bill exempting CME reporting gains physician support; NYT op-ed calls Opdivo DTC ad "misleading;" Valeant to sell non-core assets worth $8 billion
We need to consider that not every expenditure is beneficial to patients: perhaps that Super Bowl commercial or that sales meeting in Maui may not be in their best interest.
The main accreditation body for CME activities traded barbs with an academic critic over courses designed to enlighten doctors about hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
There is an immediate need for greater education regarding halal and vaccines for Muslim consumers worldwide.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, April 24, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, April 21, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Drugmakers battle for slice of Humira's billions
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- How pharma marketers are using behavioral science
- Veeva and QuintilesIMS tussle over customer reference data
- Genentech urges broader adoption of value-based payment models
- Some brands thought to shift online ad dollars, creating uncertainty for WebMD
- Study: Medical-marijuana laws lower prescription drug usage