Physicians criticize pricing of Orkambi, Vertex's new cystic-fibrosis drug; the EU approves Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor Repatha; PhRMA boosts lobbying spending in the second quarter
New rules will require manufacturers to report some indirect payments made to physicians for CME activities.
Vesey Street Capital Partners acquired Atlanta-based CME provider Imedex.
Pharma's efforts to evolve restrictions about off-label marketing move forward.
The legislation would allow drugmakers to share information about their products beyond what is included on the FDA-approved label.
Last year's increase in CME support from manufacturers came after six straight years of declining budgets.
Purdue withdraws plans to participate in FDA meeting on painkillers; Allscripts takes 10% stake in NantHealth in advance of IPO; union advocates to end pharma support for CME
With an eye on the bottom line, hospitals and their marketing firms traditionally haven't spent much time on school campuses.
Medscape marked its 20th anniversary with a reunion this week that attracted staffers from the portal's earliest days.
The legislation would allow drugmakers to share economic information with payers beyond what is included on the FDA-approved label.
- The MM&M Weekly News Quiz: September 4
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, September 4
- New data expected at lung-cancer conference on experimental drug combos
- Sandoz: Zarxio marketing to be similar to a branded-drug launch
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, September 3, 2015