The main accreditation body for CME activities traded barbs with an academic critic over courses designed to enlighten doctors about hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
There is an immediate need for greater education regarding halal and vaccines for Muslim consumers worldwide.
Physicians criticize pricing of Orkambi, Vertex's new cystic-fibrosis drug; the EU approves Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor Repatha; PhRMA boosts lobbying spending in the second quarter
New rules will require manufacturers to report some indirect payments made to physicians for CME activities.
Vesey Street Capital Partners acquired Atlanta-based CME provider Imedex.
Pharma's efforts to evolve restrictions about off-label marketing move forward.
The legislation would allow drugmakers to share information about their products beyond what is included on the FDA-approved label.
Last year's increase in CME support from manufacturers came after six straight years of declining budgets.
Purdue withdraws plans to participate in FDA meeting on painkillers; Allscripts takes 10% stake in NantHealth in advance of IPO; union advocates to end pharma support for CME
With an eye on the bottom line, hospitals and their marketing firms traditionally haven't spent much time on school campuses.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, February 5, 2016
- Why Gathering Health Economic Data for Cancer Drugs is Now Essential
- Ascension Health ups Ragone to chief marcomms officer
- House Oversight committee upbraids Turing, Valeant execs
- Burcin departs Havas network for Klick Health in senior-staffing push