It's becoming less and less likely that an in-person physician/sales rep interaction will take place at the healthcare provider's office.
Pharma must be thoughtful in its approach and demonstrate value to be part of the EHR conversation.
Many healthcare marketers still struggle to convey the importance of the digital medium in what is now undoubtedly a mostly digital world.
While it's made great strides, the healthcare industry is still behind in some technology and information safeguards.
Soon, IBM says, Watson will be used by one particular pharma company to create a website where, once a drug is prescribed, patients can ask questions in their own words and the website will provide answers in near real-time.
Patient portals are an underutilized resource for a population hungry for health information.
Ghg's financial stake in the company highlights the growing interest among pharma marketers to engage physicians through EHR platforms.
Recent deals show these companies are expanding their EHR networks, and the number of physicians who gain access to copay coupons, vouchers and other forms of assistance.
Physicians will be notified when patient care is not meeting national guidelines for COPD and asthma.
AstraZeneca diabetes drug may have increased mortality rate; Pfizer accused of knowing about birth defect risks from Zoloft; Eisai to cut 25% of its US workforce
Google teams up with PwC for DOD EHR project bid; FDA approves first weight-loss device since 2007; research says opioid abuse may be on the decline.
The fifth annual Xerox survey of patients and electronic health records shows patients have high expectations for the digital data.
As patients spend more time in waiting rooms where they are primed to learn about their health, POC promotions are becoming a more essential part of the marketing mix, researchers find.
A trio of doctors make a case for putting limits on digital promotions, including those in EHRs and through social networks.
Physicians Desk Reference is on a mission to expand its image beyond just being that heavy book doctors consult for information
CMS could provide more guidance for how to crack down on healthcare fraud, the OIG asserts in a report.
A study points out barriers to e-prescribing pharma products and shows how doctors rate various EHRs.
EHRs could be a vehicle for pharma to find its way into the physician's workflow. First, industry needs to learn how to leverage them appropriately.
The state's first patient portal has officially entered development, and the e-health firm leading the effort said that a former WebMD executive joined its board.
The company is being purchased by medical cloud networker Athenahealth.
Monthly Prescribing Reference's first revamp in three years includes new features which have already attracted new users. VP of product development Tammy Chernin told MM&M these changes are just the beginning.
The med-ed company is buying Amazing Charts, a tie-up the firms say will enable them to deliver customized education to physicians and then assess the patient-level impact.
The DIA and the Healthcare Businesswomen's Association formalized a multi-year partnership, and GSK began shipping vaccine for the 2012-2013 flu season
Sens. Frist and Clinton are both on record as supporting the push for computerizing medical record keeping.
- Guidemark Health merges with three companies to form new agency
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 17, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy
- If Roche's Ocrevus is approved, the already competitive MS market will gain another player
- Top 25 neurology products, based on 2016 sales forecasts
- New science drives biopharma interest in neurological conditions
- J&J exec calls California pricing measure 'misguided'
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 24, 2016