More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
An HHS Office of Inspector General report says the FDA does not approve 96% of new generic drugs reviewed during their first cycle because they contain chemistry deficiencies. The document, which examines generic drug reviews for 2006, says the agency exceeded the 180-day review requirement for 46% of original applications.