FDA Draft Guidance
The FDA releases biosimilar-naming draft guidance; PD1 drugs linked to a rare type of diabetes; Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor faces approval decision
The FDA updates Gilenya's label over definite case of PML; generic drug companies are consolidating for negotiating power; the FDA revises guidance on DTC risk information
Nexium tops the list of Medicare's spending on brand drugs; Gilead Sciences doubles its first-quarter profit; Pfizer reportedly wants to buy a rare-disease drug company
Draft guidance would require applications for drugs that interact with or include hormones to include environmental impact assessments.
The SEC said some company drug prices can be made public, 23andMe launched an R&D division, and Public Citizen is asking the FDA to withdraw a proposal it says will undermine drug safety information.
The agency hopes the adoption of electronic informed consent measures could help participants retain and understand information as well as allow quicker timing of updates.
A treatise on understanding the FDA's latest guidance of low-risk general wellness products.
A draft guidance publication date determines whether drugmakers get three or five years of market exclusivity.
The regulator is issuing draft guidance to address gene therapies.
The FDA has issued draft guidance that funds FDA inspection of some drug compounders.
Draft guidance indicates the regulator is open to using patient experience as criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome treatments.
The FDA's proposed upgrade to its off-label distribution guidelines has some new features, but experts say it is unclear if this means more dollars will flow toward reprints.
The draft guidance is mostly procedural, and more guidance is expected, but experts say it does include some long-awaited clarity for advertisers.
The agency issued final guidance on mobile apps, saying it will focus only on a subset that present the greatest risk to patients if they don't work correctly.
The advisory panel endorsed the treatment with an 11-2 vote.
FDA draft guidance for generic Advair hits GSK's stock; US looks into GSK's China conduct; Roche invests in cancer and hep. B research; Biogen inks a Parkinson's partnership; Forest names former B&L chief as CEO
Generic Opana ER got the go-ahead from FDA, exposing the drugmaker to generic competition -- unlike Purdue, whose tamper-proof painkiller won standalone status.
- Sunovion hires former BI exec as VP of marketing
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 24, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy