FDA Draft Guidance
BIO released a video explaining drug costs; the FDA commits to shorter generic approval process; Kaléo to launch EpiPen competitor
The FDA releases biosimilar-naming draft guidance; PD1 drugs linked to a rare type of diabetes; Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor faces approval decision
The FDA updates Gilenya's label over definite case of PML; generic drug companies are consolidating for negotiating power; the FDA revises guidance on DTC risk information
Nexium tops the list of Medicare's spending on brand drugs; Gilead Sciences doubles its first-quarter profit; Pfizer reportedly wants to buy a rare-disease drug company
Draft guidance would require applications for drugs that interact with or include hormones to include environmental impact assessments.
The SEC said some company drug prices can be made public, 23andMe launched an R&D division, and Public Citizen is asking the FDA to withdraw a proposal it says will undermine drug safety information.
The agency hopes the adoption of electronic informed consent measures could help participants retain and understand information as well as allow quicker timing of updates.
A treatise on understanding the FDA's latest guidance of low-risk general wellness products.
A draft guidance publication date determines whether drugmakers get three or five years of market exclusivity.
The regulator is issuing draft guidance to address gene therapies.
The FDA has issued draft guidance that funds FDA inspection of some drug compounders.
Draft guidance indicates the regulator is open to using patient experience as criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome treatments.
The FDA's proposed upgrade to its off-label distribution guidelines has some new features, but experts say it is unclear if this means more dollars will flow toward reprints.
The draft guidance is mostly procedural, and more guidance is expected, but experts say it does include some long-awaited clarity for advertisers.
The agency issued final guidance on mobile apps, saying it will focus only on a subset that present the greatest risk to patients if they don't work correctly.
The advisory panel endorsed the treatment with an 11-2 vote.
FDA draft guidance for generic Advair hits GSK's stock; US looks into GSK's China conduct; Roche invests in cancer and hep. B research; Biogen inks a Parkinson's partnership; Forest names former B&L chief as CEO
Generic Opana ER got the go-ahead from FDA, exposing the drugmaker to generic competition -- unlike Purdue, whose tamper-proof painkiller won standalone status.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016