While analysts predict a first-in-class appearance before the FDA by 2018, many obstacles have arisen.
Despite the arrivals of new drugs, Genentech continues to be the market leader. Its drugs, Rituxan, Avastin, and Herceptin, are the category leaders, generating a total of $9.29 billion in sales.
Interest in oncology is on the rise as the blockbuster drug era breathes its last, and this has altered marketing in cancer care.
Avanir's success with Nuedexta sparked the attention of several suitors. In 2014 the company reached a deal to be sold to Otsuka Pharmaceutical for around $3.5 billion
Read the 2016 Agency Issue in its entirety.
Visions, challenges, and advice: Here are 100 quotes from 100 agency leaders, compiled from the MM&M Agency Issue.
Five executives from the industry's largest holding companies discuss their move away from the traditional network structure.
A number of mergers and acquisitions among healthcare agencies in 2015 and 2016 changed the landscape.
Healthcare agencies focus on freeing pharma brands from their collaboration cocoons to work with health tech companies, while squaring away access concerns.
The co-founder of Mapquest.com talks about his move from online mapping to healthcare, and what he likes most meeting with clients.
- Biogen ends Tecfidera DTC campaign, citing prescriptions
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, July 19, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, July 21, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, July 18, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy
The most recent MM&M Skill Sets Live event, "Personalizing the Healthcare Experience," surveyed a range of issues relating to some of the industry's hottest topics. This e-book conveys a wealth of information and opinion designed to help marketers demystify the challenges associated with the personalization of healthcare messaging. Click here to access.