More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
- Business briefs: Angelina Jolie, adherence, Sanofi, Teva, AbbVie
- Business briefs: Eli Lilly, Millennium/Takeda, Elan
- Business Briefs Merck, GSK, Novo, Walgreen, Epocrates, Doximity
GlaxoSmithKline said it expects to launch five major vaccines in the next five years with the potential to reach total annual sales between $10 billion and $18 billion.
Among the vaccines is Cervarix, a cervical-cancer vaccine, considered to be the most promising product of the group.
Filing for Cervarix approval in Europe is expected in early 2006 with a U.S. filing expected later next year. Glaxo said Cervarix could achieve sales between $3.5 billion and $7 billion.
Other vaccines being readied for launch by 2010 include Rotarix for gastroenteritis, Streptorix for pneumococcal infections, a combination vaccine for meningitis and an improved vaccine for influenza.