FDA's application programming interfaces, or openFDA, reached 6,000 users less than a year after its launch.
A group of computer science and engineering students at the Carlos III Universidad in Madrid used natural language processing techniques to translate social-media and forum posts into adverse drug reaction data.
A recent analysis found that most websites touting personal cancer medicine failed to provide risk data, while an insurer and a health system team up to develop best practices to improve the "how" of genetic testing.
Search queries for common diseases on the websites for the CDC and WebMD, among others, are being sent to third-party corporations.
How the adoption of principles from recent, successful start ups can be applied to pharma marketing.
Citing an unnamed source, the paper reports that Apple has abandoned some of the more advanced health monitoring features in its upcoming device, the Apple Watch.
Doximity professional network now includes financial data; Pfizer settles class-action lawsuit; researchers hope to use temporary tattoos to identify glucose levels.
The nighttime sleep aid's Twitter account wrote "Sleep LIKE he finally proposed," last week, a sentiment which didn't resonate positively with the feed's followers.
Google teams up with PwC for DOD EHR project bid; FDA approves first weight-loss device since 2007; research says opioid abuse may be on the decline.
The snag: identifying what qualifies as download-worthy.
A trio of doctors make a case for putting limits on digital promotions, including those in EHRs and through social networks.
A study by consulting firm Accenture shows that patients not only expect digital outreach, but that their desire to be engaged is consistently being ignored.
The move to digitize a series of books it co-created with Disney for kids with type 1 diabetes was spurred by a meeting with the online diabetes community.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Drugmakers target severe asthma patients with biologics, but payers raise pricing issue
- Novartis aims to bring first oral asthma drug to market in two decades
- What five different pharma marketing careers look like
- Veeva and QuintilesIMS tussle over customer reference data
- 2017 Healthcare Marketers Trend Report: All the data in one place
- Infographic: What's next for the point of care market
- Drugmakers again boost DTC spending, to $5.6 billion in 2016
- Digital IDs become focus as drugmakers seek to track doctors' behavior online
- Some CME experts remain skeptical when it comes to social media