Keytruda is the first immuno-oncology drug approved to treat first-line lung cancer.
Merck launches biosimilar resource; branded insulin prices are on the rise; NICE declines to cover Opdivo
Already ahead in race to first-line approval, could second-line domination be far behind for Keytruda?September 09, 2016
One analyst envisions how a first-line approval could set up Keytruda for success in other settings.
Critics say the direct-to-consumer ad for the immuno-oncology therapy is misleading.
Sales of Gilead's HCV drugs fall; the DNC policy platform criticized price gouging; Janssen partners with Bristol-Myers Squibb on Opdivo combo drug
FDA leader says drugmakers should develop more novel drugs; Merck to acquire Afferent for $1.25 billion; Colombia demands lower prices for Gleevec
Here, see side-by-side comparisons of the drugs spending on advertising, approval dates, and 2015 sales figures.
Immuno-oncology drugs showing results in hard-to-treat cancers; Express Scripts responds to Anthem lawsuit; BI and Lilly plan outcomes trials for Jardiance
Bristol-Myers Squibb seeks new indication for Opdivo; Clinton received $2.8 million from the healthcare industry; Quest creates tests for hep.-C drugs
Manufacturers team up to study drug combinations, a strategy expected to advance the category.
Cancer MoonShot 2020 to study childhood cancers; IBM's purchase of Truven provides data about 200 million patients; overdoses tied to benzodiazepines rise
Shire buys Baxalta, creates world's largest rare-disease drugmaker; drug prices continue to climb; immunotherapy coalition is formed
Britain says Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo is too expensive; Calpers reports 32% boost in specialty drug spending; NIH is funding fewer clinical trials
Opdivo receives another indication; increasing generic prescriptions may boost patient adherence; hep.-C drugs should be prescribed during earlier stages of disease
The FDA approves Opdivo/Yervoy combination to treat melanoma; BioMarin acquires global rights to Kuvan; Allergan's Juvederm receives marketing approval for lip augmentation
The drugmaker launched its first YouTube channel as it kicked off the campaign.
The FDA releases biosimilar-naming draft guidance; PD1 drugs linked to a rare type of diabetes; Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor faces approval decision
The immuno-oncology drug is competing with Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo.
Sanofi plans immuno-oncology collaboration with Regeneron; Merck considers hard-to-treat patient populations for its experimental hepatitis-C therapy; drugmakers did not report 10% of adverse events to the FDA within required timeframe
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016