Tech companies and Bernie Sanders have found the millennial audience easy to crack. Organizations in and around healthcare? Not so much.
The organizations are using innovation competitions to challenge internal and external audiences with coming up with new ideas.
He knew from his fractured childhood that courage in the face of adversity translated into survival and that empathy must be embedded in care and cures.
It's a common refrain in healthcare and among patients, providers, and payers: Despite massive investment, no one has figured out how to change human behavior.
Immuno-oncology drugs showing results in hard-to-treat cancers; Express Scripts responds to Anthem lawsuit; BI and Lilly plan outcomes trials for Jardiance
Innovation leaders in the healthcare sector say hire experienced staff, centralize your team, and encourage women in innovation to rise up the C-suite.
Healthcare innovation teams are at a unique point. They've moved from ideating to innovating and have structured themselves accordingly.
Learn about Merck's new innovation team as well as read profiles of 9 other teams at companies such as Google and Johnson & Johnson.
There are big changes underway in the doctor-patient relationship, a study suggests, and it's a new reality to which biopharma must adjust.
The deadline has been extended to April 8.
Here's my biggest gripe: Innovation teams should be driving innovation for their particular business, not just for marketing and communications.
Life-sciences companies often behave as though focusing on patient needs is simply a matter of asking, "How can we provide patients with more services?
Hackathons are a dime a dozen in healthcare. But are they encouraging the community to collaborate on solving the most nettlesome problems, or merely to tinker on me-too solutions?
Executives at Eli Lilly, Merck and Biogen used the most recent earnings season to promote innovation and defend drug pricing.
Pharma's internal innovation units often look externally for ideas that can transform the business. Here, the director of Pfizer's worldwide innovation group describes how he imported an approach to help sustain skill development within the network.
- BI and Lilly face a new challenge: how to market a diabetes drug to cardiologists
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Matt Brown leaves Guidemark Health after merger falls through
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- GSK and Propeller Health's smart inhaler aims to improve adherence in clinical trials
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Women in senior industry roles improve connections with patients, execs say