@openFDA and its related website launched February 27.
Re-Mission, the video simulation known to change young patients' attitudes toward cancer, is in its second iteration. And one big drug maker has added its backing.
The CEO's unexpected departure is part of the health information brand's latest changes. On the table: possible acquisitions. In progress: a new federal contract and new website content. Ignored: if the company wants to be bought.
A deal with QualcommLife aims to fuse WebMD content with a suite of disease state management tools.
Internet trends show fondness for online health information, but no need for docs to take on a third job, Millennium says diabetes device market to grow moderately over five years.
Google's latest data shows that the doctor-patient information divide isn't so much a divide as two parts of the same conversation.
Two of the drug industry's brightest minds in social media, Shwen Gwee and Marc Monseau, are changing jobs, with Gwee leaving Vertex for Edelman and Monseau exiting J&J to open his own firm.
Visitors to Crestor.com and PurplePill.com can now hit a "click to chat" button to chat with a live AstraZeneca customer service rep.
Havas Drive has launched a practice focused on developing digital products for persons with disabilities and those undergoing rehabilitative therapies.
Google is looking to catch some of that social networking word of mouth marketing magic with a "+1" button that will appear on all of its search ads, allowing users to flag items for their friends.
Boehringer-Ingelheim has recruited actress Jane Seymour to serve as the face of a continental European atrial fibrillation and stroke awareness campaign.
Pharma investment in app development exploded last year, as companies branched out beyond diabetes, but industry spending on mobile is still dwarfed by other healthcare players, according to an Ernst & Young report.
Levitra.com led the pack among product websites that drove consumers to the doctors to request a prescription, according to a Manhattan Research survey.
Mylan's Dey Pharma launched MyEpiPen App, designed to help patients with severe allergies and their caregivers cope with episodes of anaphylaxis.
Sermo unveiled a revamped platform aimed at offering physicians and clients alike faster and more targeted searches.
Takeda is observing Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Awareness Month with the launch of an unbranded website for patients called Let's Talk IBS. Campaign materials include a video featuring Dr. Lauren Gerson, along with tips, treatment options and other interactive areas for patients.
PhRMA revived its push to add an FDA bug linking to risk info in search engine sponsored links and called on FDA to clear the way for "microblogging of newsworthy regulatory events" on drugs and biologics.
Medtronic launched a video contest for diabetic kids featuring an insulin pump-wielding lion mascot. Contestants must incorporate downloadable cutouts of Lenny the Lion into their 2-3 minute videos.
Many big pharma firms are running e-samples, a form of marketing which researchers say capitalizes on patients seeking health information and may affect prescribers' preference for brands over generics.
The AMA partnered with the Flu Information Care System (FICS) - a coalition of pharmacies, drug makers, state governments, tech providers and others - to launch a flu assessment site for consumers.
- McCann Health forms new global consultancy
- Alexion uses superheroes, social media to raise rare-disease awareness
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, September 19, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- When it comes to professional ads, print makes its comeback
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- The FDA approves Amgen's biosimilar version of Humira
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, September 23, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Drug Pricing Will Be a Key Issue, Whether Clinton or Trump Win the Election
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation uses Facebook to recruit Ashkenazi Jews for Parkinson's study