November 2008 Issue of MMM
Chances are that by the time you read this column the dust will already have settled on the voting machines and the identity of the ...
The traditional sales force model is undergoing a metamorphosis. Anthony Vecchione reports on how pharma companies are investing heavily in closed-loop marketing as they look ...
Over one-third of new pharma products are developed through strategic alliances. It is essential to learn to function productively within them. Deborah Dick-Rath offers some ...
Email is one of the most effective ways to drive traffic and get your preferred marketing message across. Terry Nugent looks at what attributes help ...
It was a dismal six months for specialty journals with only optometry posting a marginal gain in ad spend; the other seven sectors registered losses. ...
On September 2, Jack Britts was named president & CEO of Merz Pharmaceuticals, the North American subsidiary of privately held German firm Merz GmbH & ...
As we have discussed in this column from several different perspectives, pharma marketing research is going through major transitions.
I have nothing against generic medications.
Eli Lilly & Co.'s $62 million settlement with 32 states and the District of Columbia over off-label Zyprexa marketing comes with a stringent agreement requiring, ...
Med Ed Report
Merck announced plans to disclose some grants made by its global human health division for independent educational initiatives in the US, including those for accredited ...
With all the buzz over Web 2.0 and social media, are pharma marketers losing sight of interactive fundamentals like SEO and old-fashioned banner ads? Is ...
In anticipation of the new PhRMA guidelines that go into effect in January 2009, drug companies are scrambling to find innovative ways to deliver pharma ...
A study published in the October 2008 edition of the journal Pediatrics concluded that poor and uninsured children are not the main recipients of free ...
In a strategic partnership with inVentiv, Merck announced that it will utilize inVentiv's contract sales staff to supplement Merck's in-house sales force.
The FDA slapped Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals with a warning letter on two 60-second TV ads for its YAZ contraceptive.
Sen. Herb Kohl (D-WI) said DTC ads for devices should be regulated just as much as those for drugs and called on his colleague in ...
The Doctor's Channel, an online provider of streaming medical videos, has partnered with Reuters Health.
According to the results of a new study, about 45,000 US physicians meet with sales reps via online video, and more than 300,000 have shown ...
Marjorie Martin, SVP and general manager of Everyday Health, believes consumers will be the big winner in the merger of Revolution Health and Everyday Health.
As a company that focuses on healthcare PR, we are often involved in early-stage product communications.
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) has announced a restructuring of its public affairs and corporate communications team.
Porter Novelli's Washington, DC, office landed a multimillion dollar contract from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
FDA will initiate a pilot project to help manufacturers choose safe proprietary drug names.
Each year, up to 18 % of doctors move, retire, pass away or make other professional changes.
Add to all the other Washington unravelings of the past nine years the loss of FDA innocence.
Disclosure: My father and mother were both physicians so I obviously have a pro-doctor bias.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Leadership Exchange: Engaging the Millennial Doctor
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- House passes 21st Century Cures Act that would allow some off-label sharing