Most Recent Articles by James G. Dickinson
The number of new industry-sponsored clinical trial starts went up 12% to a record high in 2007, according to data released by Parexel International Corp.
An HHS Office of Inspector General report says the FDA does not approve 96% of new generic drugs reviewed during their first cycle because they contain chemistry deficiencies.
DDMAC responses to queries posed by drug sponsors or manufacturers regarding ad/promo issues may only be regarded as official (for legal purposes) if they are received in letter form, the division's director, Thomas Abrams says.
In a ruling that provided comfort to drug companies defending dissident former employees' whistleblower suits, the US Supreme Court said in June that False Claims Act liability is limited to acts done with an intent that the government itself pay a false claim.
Calling it "a tremendous loss for the agency," FDA commissioner Andrew von Eschenbach announced in June that the impending departure after three years in the job of the agency's top enforcement officer.
More Articles by James G. Dickinson
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Leadership Exchange: Engaging the Millennial Doctor
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016