Takeda COO Weber refuses Sanofi CEO post; J&J seeks $7.2 billion from Boston Scientific over 10-year old-Guidant acquisition; UCB submits epilepsy drug for US and EU approval.
President Barack Obama says personalized medicines need financial support in SOTU Address; Salix explores M&A options; lobbying groups PhRMA and BIO say generic painkillers without abuse-deterrent features should be pulled from shelves.
CMS head Marilyn Tavenner has resigned; Depomed acquires Nucynta pain pill from J&J; Merck's innovation lead leaves for insurer.
Pharma ad budgets are growing, says IPG; Medical device tax debate rages on; Pfizer has PCSK9 pill in the works.
The FDA's prescription drug promotion arm wrote that the professional print ad for seizure med Aptiom "misleadingly overstated its efficacy."
Does a health psychology approach hold the key to Rx adherence? In MM&M's latest Leadership Exchange Uncut eBook, industry stakeholders from the payer, provider, academic and pharma realms explore the "why" behind medicine taking. Access here.
- Novartis psoriasis drug approval could upend market
- Sandoz gets ready to make the biosimilar case with oncologists
- Guidemark Health jumpstarts rebrand, brings on big-agency grad
- MM&M's 5 minutes with: Mark Rothera, chief commercial officer, PTC Therapeutics
- Nurse practitioner workforce has just about doubled