More Business Briefs
- Business Briefs: inVentiv; Mylan; Royalty Pharma; Pfizer; Edelman
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
- Business briefs: Angelina Jolie, adherence, Sanofi, Teva, AbbVie
A Medical Care study found that drug sampling does lead to greater consumer spending on drugs. According to the study, which measured spending over 180-day periods, individuals spent $166 before receiving samples, $244 while receiving samples and $212 after sampling ended. Individuals who never received samples spent $178.