"For pharma, it's no longer just about therapeutics. It's about the intersection of a therapy and the patient support around it."
Patient education used to be a cookie-cutter operation: Hire a spokesperson, plan an event and draft a static list of symptoms, then call it a day. But in the wake of groundbreaking campaigns from AstraZeneca and Novartis, the industry may well have to raise its content-creation game—and cede considerable control to super-informed patients in the process. Larry Dobrow reports on the two programs that have raised the patient-ed stakes
CLICK HERE for full coverage of MM&M's Patient Education/Marketing Report from the September 2015 issue, including:
Exclusive interviews and expert commentary from:
- Topher Brooke, VP, diabetes, AstraZeneca
- Marci Hanlon, consumer portfolio director, AstraZeneca
- Stacey Bernstein, SVP, director of US digital health, Weber Shandwick
- Bob Finkel, CEO, FreshBlood
- Tony Romito, managing director, Accenture's Life Sciences group
Read the report. Share it instantly on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. Post your own comments. View or download a PDF of the beautifully designed original layout from the print edition of MM&M. It's all FREE and it's right here.