More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
Organon's DTC campaign for its NuvaRing (etonogestrel/ethinyl estradiol vaginal ring) contraceptive launched nationally this month, following a pilot in select markets.
The campaign, by CommonHealth shop Quantum, includes a 60-second TV commercial running on primetime, daytime and cable, complemented by print placements in US Weekly. A product Web site, NuvaRing.com, has been live since the product was launched in July 2002 and enables users to download a voucher for a free month of NuvaRing. The campaign is scheduled to run into 2006.
Consumer communications focus on the convenience aspect of the once-a-month dosed contraceptive ring, which is designed to stay in place for 21 days, an Organon spokesperson said.
The national launch follows a pilot run in Charlotte, N.C., Houston, Texas, and Madison, Wisc.