More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) and Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) have introduced legislation that would create a regulatory pathway for the FDA to approve follow-on or generic biologics. Their “Pathway for Biosimilars Act” would give the agency “flexibility” to determine the level of clinical testing needed and allow innovators 12 years of data exclusivity.