Insurers and pharmacy benefit managers already have a sophisticated understanding of clinical data, the industry argued.
But experts say that drug pricing will remain a significant issue for the industry going forward into a non-election year.
The Ways In campaign was UnitedHealthcare's first consumer advertising effort.
The multichannel effort — UnitedHealthcare's inaugural consumer brand advertising campaign — launched in March 2015 with the TV commercial Our Song.
Really? Is this the new healthcare math — the fewer the insurance companies, the greater the competition and the lower the premiums?
New Cigna campaign features TV doctors; Walgreens to divest 1,000 stores; senators question Aetna's health exchange exit
Shire hires Jennifer Aniston for a disease awareness campaign; critics argue that the direct-to-consumer ads for Opdivo are misleading, while Merck's Keytruda takes the lead in first-line cancer
The pull-back of insurance providers has left state-run health exchanges and the Obama administration facing a difficult communications challenge.
Mylan to launch generic EpiPen; the majority of NCCN guideline writers report conflicts of interest; Sanofi reports new trial data for Praluent
Will this payer pressure pose an existential threat to co-pay cards even though patients love them?
PhRMA and BIO, which represent life sciences firms, developed principles about sharing truthful and non-misleading information with payers and providers.
Express Scripts does not disclose names of formulary board members; Endo withdrew abuse-deterrent formulation for opioid; BI to collect real-world data on Praxbind
The impending payer crackdown of the cost of MS drugs could portend the fate of other specialty drug markets, according to analysts.
Novo Nordisk attributes slow growth to biosimilars, pricing; Dentsu acquires majority stake in Merkle; AZ lung cancer drug fails late-stage trial
The implementation of a broad outcomes-based pricing scheme is a wildly, almost gratuitously complicated project.
Express Scripts and CVS Health revealed their formularies with Pfizer's Xeljanz making the jump from excluded to preferred for Express Scripts.
States and insurers are lifting restrictions on HCV drugs; Teva's request to join PhRMA raises eyebrows; Merck partners with GPO
Cigna signs value contracts for new cholesterol drugs; Yelp partners with ProPublica for hospital reviews; ad-blocking threat to digital publishers intensifies
The group director of Intouch Solutions' newly launched market access business is betting that the payer will gain in influence.
The drugmaker instead suggested using an economic model it developed.
New PhRMA CEO issues policy strategy; study assess patient response to immuno-oncology drugs; Twitter may be an effective way to talk about clinical trials
Novo's Tresiba gets non-preferred status; Valeant's head of dermatology and gastrointestinal products resigns; Trump plans to allow importation of drugs from abroad
Payer pressure was once again voted the biggest challenge by respondents, and medium and large biopharma and medical device companies appeared to be most bothered by it.
The division, dubbed Omnicom Health Group, claims to serve 70% of the top 100 pharma brands.
When it came to the issue of patient-centricity, each of us harbored at least a hint of cynicism.
Express Scripts revises PCSK9 inhibitor projections; research points to benefits of osteoporosis drugs; doctors consider emotional toll of cancer costs
It's possible that payers won't prove the wild card in the PCSK9 derby. Instead, physician preference may do more to shape the market and maybe even force payers' hands.
We look forward to collaborating with stakeholders across the healthcare system—including PBMs—to extend success to disease states beyond hepatitis C, writes PhRMA CEO Stephen Ubl.
Securing market access has become significantly more challenging for pharma marketers.
If value-based care represents the future of healthcare, it needs a better definition, attendees at an HHS forum said.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Leadership Exchange: Engaging the Millennial Doctor
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- House passes 21st Century Cures Act that would allow some off-label sharing