The pull-back of insurance providers has left state-run health exchanges and the Obama administration facing a difficult communications challenge.
The impending payer crackdown of the cost of MS drugs could portend the fate of other specialty drug markets, according to analysts.
Express Scripts and CVS Health revealed their formularies with Pfizer's Xeljanz making the jump from excluded to preferred for Express Scripts.
States and insurers are lifting restrictions on HCV drugs; Teva's request to join PhRMA raises eyebrows; Merck partners with GPO
UnitedHealthcare this month launched a year-long campaign, called Hay Más Adelante.
Cigna signs value contracts for new cholesterol drugs; Yelp partners with ProPublica for hospital reviews; ad-blocking threat to digital publishers intensifies
The drugmaker instead suggested using an economic model it developed.
OptumRx partners with Walgreens Boots Alliance; Turing's former lawyer said Daraprim price hike was unjustified; the White House names moonshot leader
Novo's Tresiba gets non-preferred status; Valeant's head of dermatology and gastrointestinal products resigns; Trump plans to allow importation of drugs from abroad
The pharmaceutical company reported a 2% revenue increase in 2015, and diabetes medication is a key contributor.
In many cases, the drug required physicians to request prior authorization.
Britain says Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo is too expensive; Calpers reports 32% boost in specialty drug spending; NIH is funding fewer clinical trials
UnitedHealth gives Praluent preferred status on its formularies; Stat News examines the first DTC drug ad; Britain to cover Entresto
Some pharma companies are taking steps to address concerns about the high prices of drugs at a time when Democratic lawmakers are urging price controls.
More patients may be eligible for new PCSK9 inhibitors; Collegium's painkiller may receive FDA approval; MannKind's Afrezza reports slow sales
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- FCB Health's Rich Levy on HIV/AIDS Campaigns that Fight Stigma
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, October 24, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- Sunovion hires former BI exec as VP of marketing
- Merck's Keytruda wins approval in first-line lung cancer
- If Roche's Ocrevus is approved, the already competitive MS market will gain another player
- Top 25 neurology products, based on 2016 sales forecasts