Pharmacy Benefit Manager
FDA solicits public comment to study online character space limit; Biogen's Spinraza shows positive results in SMA study; Valeant cuts earnings forecast
The FDA approves an Enbrel biosimilar; Express Scripts to launch program to reduce diabetes costs; a GSK vaccine beats sales forecasts
OptumRx partners with Walgreens Boots Alliance; Turing's former lawyer said Daraprim price hike was unjustified; the White House names moonshot leader
It's possible that payers won't prove the wild card in the PCSK9 derby. Instead, physician preference may do more to shape the market and maybe even force payers' hands.
UnitedHealth gives Praluent preferred status on its formularies; Stat News examines the first DTC drug ad; Britain to cover Entresto
Securing market access has become significantly more challenging for pharma marketers.
PBMs crack down on specialty pharmacies; Merck's cholesterol drug soldiers on; rare-disease drug nabs approval
The pharmacy benefit manager included both PCSK9 inhibitors on its national formulary. Spending on the drugs is estimated to reach $750 million in 2016.
Now that the first two PCSK9 inhibitors have been given the thumbs-up by the FDA, the payer community finds itself in a situation comparable to the one it faced upon the arrival of transformative hep.-C drugs: What are they prepared to pay—and which drugs will get the formulary nod? Jaimy Lee assesses the fluid market dynamics
The pharmacy benefit manager said that the introduction of new treatments and clinical evidence on statins demands a rethink to ACC/AHA guidelines
CVS excludes 31 drugs including Viagra from its 2016 formulary; Sanofi partners with Evotec on stem-cell treatment development; primary-care physicians may hesitate to prescribe Truvada for PrEP
The drug-pricing war between drugmakers and payers continues unabated. Dr. Steve Miller, Express Scripts' chief medical officer, talks about collaborating with pharma.
- BI and Lilly face a new challenge: how to market a diabetes drug to cardiologists
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Matt Brown leaves Guidemark Health after merger falls through
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- GSK and Propeller Health's smart inhaler aims to improve adherence in clinical trials
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Women in senior industry roles improve connections with patients, execs say