A new analysis suggests that $20 industry-sponsored meals may sway docs' prescribing habits.
Physicians debate DTC tax write-off; Novo Nordisk's Victoza shows 13% benefit in reducing cardiovascular risks; Shire to acquire Pfizer bowel drug
In partnership with inVentiv Health, MM&M found a millennial doctor to ask about her frustrations with the existing pharma marketing model to her willingness to text patients.
Drugmakers like Merck are making a big education push as they lay the groundwork for future biosimilars.
A SERMO poll asked physicians: Do you feel biosimilars will prove safe and effective enough for you to prescribe them when more become available?"
Online doctors prescribe drugs without adequate warnings; House lawmakers to discuss Part B proposal; obesity drugs struggle for market share
DTC is facing a new test from physicians and politicians. Here's why critics fear a deluge, and how they're pushing back.
The American College of Physicians questioned the role direct-to-consumer advertising plays in contributing to prescription drug costs.
The motivating force behind My GI Health met initial resistance. After all, it came from a company executive who professed that his goal was to benefit all companies within that therapeutic area.
Tom McCourt says he's "a marketing guy who hopefully understands a little about drug development" even as he guided drugs like Prilosec to market.
There are big changes underway in the doctor-patient relationship, a study suggests, and it's a new reality to which biopharma must adjust.
The Facebook for doctors launches Pages, allowing healthcare companies to establish a presence on Sermo and engage with physicians.
Time is everything, yet no one has enough of it. But especially in healthcare marketing, time and timing win customers.
Discover why even digitally native physicians can no longer abide the flood of information e-sent their way.
The doc shortage may be due, in part, to changing marriage patterns; Olympus settles anti-kickback case; U.K. says Imbruvica is too expensive
Perfectionists in the world of pharma marketing can no longer rely on the status quo, given current threats to traditional commercial models and the rise of digital HCP engagement.
Finn Partners surveyed 1,000 adults to understand how often young Americans change doctors and how they talk to pharmacists.
Curating personal relationships is one of the most valuable functions medical marketers can provide. The best way is through face-to-face interaction.
Physicians complain about price of Lilly's new cancer drug; AstraZeneca considers acquisition of Acerta Pharma; Shkreli plans to raise price of another old drug
The contract sales organization plans to sell its commercial services business to Publicis Healthcare Communications Group.
Many patients allow doctors to access their social-media accounts; Turing will reportedly lower the price of Daraprim by 10%; WebMD reports boost in traffic
Patient portals are an underutilized resource for a population hungry for health information.
The drugmaker said Entresto, its new heart-failure drug, brought in "modest sales" in the third quarter of 2015.
The deal combines two of Merck's wholly owned subsidiaries.
Amarin begins legally promoting off-label uses of its prescription fish-oil drug, while Pacira sues the FDA over the label for its pain drug, Exparel.
Ashley Madison's lesson must be heeded. For all the good pharma has done for the world, it has also created its share of ethical quagmires.
The deal is expected to complement the company's digital health platform.
The focus on boosting physician referrals might appear contrary to the current obsession with patient-centric marketing.
Havas Health developed the inhaled insulin's advertising campaign, which is slated to kick off later this summer.
With new leadership in place, the Myelin Health agency network is seeking to acquire other agencies.
- Biogen ends Tecfidera DTC campaign, citing prescriptions
- As immuno-oncology therapies evolve, so will the marketing
- GSK Consumer Healthcare to prioritize digital after agency review
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, July 21, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- Novartis considers new sales model for experimental cancer therapy
- Sponsored Podcast: No Patient Left Behind: Connecting Rare Disease Patients to Orphan Drug Manufacturers
- W2O names Gillespie chief strategy officer of medtech practice
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
- DigitasLBi's Carlos Ricque on Why Simple Ads Are the Hardest to Make
- Healthcare marketers: Don't forget about the baby boomers