Amgen said it would offer payers a refund for patients who have a heart attack or stroke while taking the PCSK9 inhibitor.
Despite their blockbuster status and distinction as the world's most widely prescribed class of drugs, statins may not be the best option for all patients with elevated low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels.
Here's a look at 100 experimental therapies in late-stage clinical trials.
A new Sanofi combination diabetes drug meets clinical trial targets; IBM partners with the American Diabetes Association; Dr. Reddy's to buy eight Teva drugs
Novartis plans new trials for Entresto; U.S. spending on mental health topped $201 billion in 2013; the FDA approves Roche's immunotherapy drug
Welcome to the mobile era for clinical trials, in which phone and tablet technology promise to upend a costly and unwieldy process.
Biden to lead "moonshot" to cure cancer; Pfizer/Allergan merger to create "best pipeline in the industry," CEO says; AMA invests in health tech startup
Twenty percent of publicly funded cancer clinical trials don't enroll enough patients; KaloBios files for bankruptcy; a new MS campaign in Australia uses bicycles
AstraZeneca plans to incorporate a mobile app that gathers information about side effects in three clinical trials studying an experimental combination therapy for ovarian cancer.
AstraZeneca and Sanofi to share compounds in rare agreement; FDA advisory committee votes against bladder cancer drug; Allergan may buyer in Pfizer deal
GSK partners with other drugmakers to bolster pipeline; Pfizer makes deal in South Africa for Prevnar 13; the FDA issues guidance on HIV biologic development
Therapy and low-dose drugs found to aid schizophrenia patients more than just antipsychotics; Clinton calls for investigations into drug price increases; Bayer issues RFP for AOR for consumer care brands
The NIH plans to fund fewer but more meaningful studies; the FDA asks for more data about AstraZeneca diabetes drug; payers continue to deny coverage for new hep.-C treatments
Lilly stops trial for experimental heart drug; Turing misses deadline to respond to lawmakers about price increase of Daraprim; the FDA expands indication for Opdivo
A GSK manager said that bringing digital devices to clinical trials could lower the cost of bringing medicines to patients.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, March 20, 2017
- Novartis aims to bring first oral asthma drug to market in two decades
- Drugmakers target severe asthma patients with biologics, but payers raise pricing issue
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- 2017 Healthcare Marketers Trend Report: All the data in one place
- Infographic: What's next for the point of care market
- Drugmakers again boost DTC spending, to $5.6 billion in 2016
- Digital IDs become focus as drugmakers seek to track doctors' behavior online
- Some CME experts remain skeptical when it comes to social media