Remedy Health is hoping a new design for its flagship portal can give it an edge over rivals WebMD and Everyday Health.
The state's first patient portal has officially entered development, and the e-health firm leading the effort said that a former WebMD executive joined its board.
Dorothy Gemmell, who headed sales and sales operations at the portal, will take the reins at Havas Life New York.
MDLinx owner M3 Group is partnering with Argentine online CME firm Medcenter on a content-sharing deal that will expand its in-language reach to Spain, Portugal and Latin America.
WebMD is laying off 14% of its workforce in hopes of saving $45 million to offset revenue losses from an ongoing advertising slump that's plagued the portal throughout 2012.
WebMD had to go all the way up to 42nd Street to find its new CEO, Pfizer honcho Cavan Redmond. He brings a keen understanding of the site's biopharma industry advertisers, and he'll need it as the portal looks to shore up flagging ad sales on the consumer side of its business
Could an online quiz be the future of continuing medical education? In a twist on the "edu-gaming" phenomenon, Cleveland Clinic and physician site MDLinx aim to answer that question with The Smartest Doc, a daily one-minute quiz that aims to keep doctors up to date on the medical literature by appealing to their competitive spirit.
Healthcare Q&A site Sharecare is buying RealAge from Hearst for an undisclosed sum, the companies said.
WebMD scrapped plans for a possible sale and announced that president and CEO Wayne Gattinella is stepping down after 11 years in that role.
WebMD's talks with private equity firms come amid an advertising slump, and going private could buy the firm time to retool its business model while insulating it from activist investors like Carl Icahn.
- Infographic: Can pharma give doctors what they want?
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, January 12, 2017
- Day 2 at JP Morgan: Change is coming, but which drugmakers will stay on top?
- Klick Health's Elliot Langerman on the Power of Persuasion
- Physicians group urges metformin rather than new drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Industry hires and promotions: January 2017
- The FDA targeted DTC, video, unapproved drug promotion in 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Trump administration raises questions for rare-disease drugmakers