Last updated: November 2013
Haymarket Media Inc.("Haymarket") has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to protect your privacy and to fully disclose what information we collect and how we use it. Please note your use of our Digital Offering is also governed by the Terms and Conditions of use.
Information Collection and DisseminationGeneral Principles
- In general, you may visit this Digital Offering or use the companion mobile applications (collectively referred to as the "Digital Offering")without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- As you browse our Digital Offering, the Digital Offering collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate Digital Offering traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all Digital Offering visitors. We will use the information to personalize the Digital Offering according to your preferences based on the aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
- Some portions of this Digital Offering may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for, without limitation, (i) registration for attendance at certain Haymarket trade shows, conferences and events; and (ii) subscriptions to our publications. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as Personal Information.
- If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Other uses of Personal Information are described elsewhere in this Policy.
- If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations etc.
- Haymarket uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store financial information, such as credit card information on its website. We do retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
Unless you opt-out, we share your Personal Information with Haymarket's affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your Personal Information by any of the foregoing. To opt-out, send us an email to Newslettersupport@haymarketmedia.com
Several companies unaffiliated with Haymarket provide email deployment services for our email messages. The personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, we provide to these vendors for the purposes of e-mail deployment is only used by them for that purpose and not for any other business activity.
In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who have opted-out of email promotion for Haymarket products to other companies, so they can be suppressed from mailings those companies send on Haymarket’s behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Haymarket will share user data with accredited provider(s) of CME/CE activities in which users participate, and/or medical education and communications companies who assisted in the development of CME/CE activities in which users participate.
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from this Digital Offering to third parties.
Information on Children
As a business-to-business company, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Digital Offering usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the businesses we serve.
Updating Visitor Information:
You have the option of accessing, correcting, updating and modifying your Personal and/or Financial Information, or visitor profile, at any time and as often as desired. If you desire to delete your Personal and/or Financial Information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update Your Newsletter Subscriptions
You can opt-in to newsletter mailing lists, or remove yourself (opt-out) at any time through the subscription management page (this page will display all of your newsletter subscriptions) or by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters you receive. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect. You can locate the subscription management page through the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the Digital Offering. For Haymarket Digital Offerings not offering the subscription management page, please send your email preferences to email@example.com.
Update Your Print Subscription Information
You can correct or change your print subscription information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2-4 weeks for changes to take effect.
Third Party and Affiliated Links:
Our Digital Offerings contain external links to other Digital Offerings including suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other Digital Offerings. We do not endorse any of these Digital Offerings or the products or services associated with such Digital Offerings merely because they are linked to our Digital Offering.
Haymarket Magazines, Seminars, Events, Sites and Other Publications and Services
As a Haymarket customer you can also expect to receive relevant email and postal offers for Haymarket publications, seminars, events, Digital Offerings and other services. From time to time we are also able to secure and offer to our customers specially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies. If you would prefer not to receive such mailings in the future, you can change your preference via the subscription management page which can be located by using the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the Digital Offering. For Haymarket Digital Offerings not offering the subscription management page, please send your email preferences to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Events@haymarketmedia.com.
Haymarket eSeminars also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Internet connection speed, Internet connection duration, and Real Media and Windows Media player information. This is done in conjunction with our broadcast providers. Your data is collected and retained by our broadcast providers for the sole purposes of delivering eSeminars content appropriately, traffic reporting, and enabling re-registration for future events. In addition, our broadcast providers use cookie technology to identify you as a registered user of the eSeminars service.
If you have any questions, please contact eSeminars@haymarketmedia.com.
Social Rewards Program
A number of Haymarket’s sites have online social rewards programs. Registering to an applicable site automatically enrolls you in these programs. Any applicable site activity can be published in the various activity leaderboards. If you would prefer not to have your activity published you can change this by selecting the Settings button within the leaderboard and de-selecting the ‘Publish Activity’ tickbox.
Email A Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to inform a friend about our Digital Offering, products, or services, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the Digital Offering. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact the us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have their information removed from our database.
Online Ad Serving
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Digital Offering. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this Digital Offering and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by a Web site through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. Haymarket uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its Web site are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor's browser with information tailored to the visitor's preferences and needs. Haymarket also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor's computer after the visitor leaves a Haymarket Web site.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our Web site from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site's features and information.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Visitors to this Digital Offering can decide if they want to receive promotional information from Haymarket. On the visitor registration pages, prospective visitors can choose to request Haymarket not to e-mail them advertising and promotional information. Should visitors accept promotional e-mail from Haymarket, any e-mail they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from Haymarket's promotional e-mail list. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security and Encryption
This Digital Offering takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our Digital Offering and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Digital Offering such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
This Digital Offering also uses password encryption to keep ensure your privacy when registering for newsletters, events, and other Haymarket related media.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Haymarket or when you report a problem with the site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Haymarket may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
- Any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to the Site (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the Site throughout the world).
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies and the information contained in your IP address enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to the Site.
Storage and retention of your information
We will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that we use and the security policies which we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the EU
Risks Involved in Transmitting Personal Data Over the Internet
We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst Haymarket will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Act. Once we have received your information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site's content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to respond to any enquiry you make;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the Act) as follows: We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we offer to sell any assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets;
- if substantially all of Haymarket's assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be transferred to such third party;
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Haymarket, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
Subject to your consent we may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services of those third parties which may be of interest to you.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers without your consent, but we may provide third parties with aggregated, anonymised information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information