The OTC launch of Flonase helped drive $294 million in sales, an 80% repeat purchase rate, and 11.4% of the brand dollar share in the adult allergy remedies category (the goal was 7.3%).
Company's vaccines chief credits campaigns aimed at grownups with driving US demand for blockbuster vaccine. The remaining cohort will be harder to capture.
Havas Health developed the inhaled insulin's advertising campaign, which is slated to kick off later this summer.
Established products fueled at 12% jump in first-quarter sales.
The app for the smartwatch includes secure encrypted messaging.
The company's first-ever road show has stimulated sales for its new ClinicalKey reference tool, grabbing the attention of time-harried doctors for as long as 30 minutes during the workday.
New online and print DTC advertising targeting US patients with lupus will appear "within weeks," said executives from Human Genome Sciences. Can the campaign revive blockbuster fortunes for Benlysta?
Roche will help promote Merck's newly approved hepatitis C drug Victrelis (boceprevir) under a strategic partnership that may help bolster the firms' chances in an upcoming market share battle. The agreement stunned Wall Street, since Merck and Roche already sell rival versions of a standard hepatitis C treatment.
Vertex said it stands ready to market hepatitis C drug telaprevir, under the brand name Incivek, and its approval could come as early as this month.
When co-marketers Human Genome Sciences and GlaxoSmithKline launch newly approved lupus drug Benlysta later this month, reps will be able to tout a broad label.
Savient Pharmaceuticals launched Krystexxa (pegloticase), an orphan drug for chronic gout, on Monday, and deployed a mix of sales reps, education specialists and business managers to help expedite reimbursement from payers, executives said on a conference call.
Amgen received FDA approval for a higher dose of its denosumab injection, Xgeva, which puts the drug in competition with Novartis' Zometa (zoledronic acid) for the prevention of bone damage in patients with certain types of cancer. A lower dose of denosumab, Prolia, was approved by FDA in June for osteoporosis.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is launching its first branded TV ad with spots for its Lysteda treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding. The company had to soothe some network execs who at first balked at the ad's blunt talk of the condition.
AstraZeneca has launched a professional site for its Vimovo arthritis drug that features a live chat option.
As the number of FDA-approved fibromyalgia therapies has grown, so has patient hope. However, the condition is still not well understood by the medical community overall, hampering uptake of branded drugs approved for the disorder.
GlaxoSmithKline's FDA approval for Cervarix, received last week as rival Merck expanded its Gardasil label, heralds a market-share battle that may hinge on science.
Schering-Plough announced FDA approval on a key pipeline antipsychotic today, and is developing marketing materials and building a US sales force for the Q4 launch.
California-based Zogenix announced a partnership with Astellas to co-promote Sumavel DosePro, a subcutaneous injection for migraine relief.
Can pharma companies really predict the success of new product launches? Patrick Howie and Mike Luby report on how pharmas can hone in on physicians' actual prescribing behavior versus stated intentions
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
- Rock Health's Bill Evans on finding a career with meaning
- Matt Brown leaves Guidemark Health after merger falls through
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, December 5, 2016
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion