More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Alexion, AMA, Eli Lilly
- Business briefs: Medtronic, AMA, Komen, GSK, Lilly, AZN
- Business briefs: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Merck
- Business briefs: Medscape, Livestrong, ACA, Lilly
- Business briefs: Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva, Medicare
Medicis won FDA approval for Solodyn (minocycline HCl, USP) extended release tablets. Solodyn is the only oral minocycline approved for once-daily dosage in the treatment of inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age and older and the only approved minocycline in extended-release tablet form.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals has acquired US rights to Doral (quazepam), a non-narcotic, selective benzodiazepine receptor agonist indicated for the treatment of insomnia, characterized by difficulty in falling asleep, frequent nocturnal awakenings and/or early morning awakenings. Questcor acquires the product from MedPointe for $2.5 million in cash and a future milestone payment of $1.5 million. Gross ex-factory sales for Doral in 2005 were $1.1 million.