More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, Novartis, Boehringer Ingelheim, Elsevier
- Business Briefs: inVentiv; Mylan; Royalty Pharma; Pfizer; Edelman
- Business briefs: Actavis, Bayer, Oramed, Elan
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
Barr Pharmaceuticals said its subsidiary Barr Laboratories received FDA approval for its application to manufacture and market a generic version of Pharmacia and Upjohn's Dostinex (cabergoline) tablets, 0.5 mg. The company’s Abbreviated New Drug Application was acquired from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in connection with the acquisition of Ivax by Teva in January 2006. Barr plans to launch a product that is supplied by Teva in September 2007. Dostinex had annual sales of approximately $68 million for the twelve months ended May 2007. Cabergoline tablets are used in the treatment of certain hormone problems related to milk production and may also be used for prolactin-producing tumors and to adjust hormone levels.