Pfizer said 2017 is the earliest the firm could split up. Meanwhile, sales dropped 7% year-on-year.
Generic Lexapro sapped company sales for the fiscal quarter and year, ended March 31.
Roche's oncology trifecta of Herceptin, Avastin and mabThera/Rituxan buoyed quarterly sales. Devices and diagnostics sales were solid, if less impressive.
Sales of Bristol-Myers Squibb's Plavix plunged 96% in the third quarter over the same period last year, contributing mightily to an overall 30% drop in sales of the company's products for the quarter, to $3.7 billion.
Sales of Amgen's Prolia are set to rise after a "soft" quarter, thanks to a sales force overhaul and an impending return to TV advertising, the company said in a third quarter results call.
Price increases and belt-tightening helped prop up Eli Lilly's third quarter, but loss of formulary positioning on two key products hurt sales.
J&J and Roche reported modest sales increases, with pharma sales providing a boost for J&J and oncology driving Roche's nine- month performance.
Biogen Idec saw revenue rise 18% in the second quarter to $1.4 billion amid strong sales of Avonex, with a host of promising late-stage pipeline products waiting in the wings.
Abbott Labs reported strong second quarter sales that, though mitigated by an unfavorable exchange rate, cheered analysts and investors, with muscular growth in Humira sales a high point.
Johnson & Johnson reported a 0.2% drop in overall sales for the first quarter of 2012, compared with the same period the year before, as CEO Bill Weldon prepared to hand over the reins of the company.
- McCann Health forms new global consultancy
- Alexion uses superheroes, social media to raise rare-disease awareness
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, September 19, 2016
- Merck educates doctors about biosimilars, long before it will sell one in the U.S.
- 4 trends with the potential to change behavior in the patient journey
- When it comes to professional ads, print makes its comeback
- 2016 Pharma Report: All the data in one place
- What do physicians think about biosimilars?
- The FDA denies approval of abuse-deterrent opioid after promotional warning
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, September 26, 2016
- The FDA, Astellas, and Accenture use innovation competitions to help address business challenges
- The FDA approves Amgen's biosimilar version of Humira
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, September 23, 2016