The agency underwent a reorganization just months after its parent company, Sudler & Hennessey, did the same.
The drugmaker promoted three to keep pace with the evolving healthcare landscape.
The restructuring is expected to simplify the drugmaker's organization.
Rebien Soerensen told a Danish paper that he expects to leave his position before 2019.
Doctors tell investment firm Leerink they don't anticipate upping their prescriptions of the new Ellipta line.
GSK is set to announce US job cuts this week, sales reps are getting the axe in China, and the FDA has rejected Avanir's inhalable migraine medication.
GlaxoSmithKline's third-quarter sales fell 10% for the quarter, compared to last year, and new Ellipta products failed to cushion the 24% drop in US Advair sales.
The drugmaker is poised to cut 14 pipeline projects loose.
Plans to unwind the Suffern, NY, site move forward this winter.
Endo's timing also comes as Auxilium has committed to reorganizing and merging with Canada's QLT.
The company has created three new departments.
Lonnel Coats is leaving after 18 years with the company.
The agency is reorganizing and encouraging specialization.
The generics giant is splitting the business into four separate units with a newly appointed leader running each.
Actavis shrinks its staff by 30%, and Bayer reduces its California footprint.
The company's changes are no longer limited to R&D.
The company's pursuit of a tighter research focus follows a path very much like that of its peers.
The company will "fill the bag" of its sales reps, as part of a reorganization that also includes 8,500 job cuts and a more refined R&D focus.
J&J grad Seth Fischer is replacing Zook as Vivus CEO, just two months after the former AstraZeneca exec's appointment.
Akorn expands, buying Hi-Tech Pharmacal; nursing homes miss their goal to curb antipsychotic-drug use; Bayer cancer drug gets priority review; and Lonza lays off staff
The drug maker is adding Amplimunne's cancer portfolio to subsidiary MedImmune's oncology efforts, one of several recent deals to add heft.
Pfizer said 2017 is the earliest the firm could split up. Meanwhile, sales dropped 7% year-on-year.
Quarterly sales fell 11% compared to the same period last year. The company plans on weathering a continued flow of patent losses with a narrower R&D focus.
Perrigo sweeps Elan off its feet for $8.6 billion, and Valeant is slashing 2,700 jobs.
A JAMA article says prostate cancer patients are getting treatments they don't need; Roche and AstraZeneca will share safety data; WellPoint gives cost sharing a new spin; Bayer seeks to boost its oncology pipeline; Takeda announces organizational changes; and the FDA puts Allergan's Restasis on track for generic competition.
Roger Perlmutter has begun to trim the fat off Merck's lackluster pipeline.
It was a particularly grim Monday for 200 Astellas employees in the US, who were informed that they were being let go and it was their last day with the company.
Brass-plated brands Plavix and Seroquel continue to lose luster on the two drug makers' balance sheets.
Days after announcing a sharp downsizing, the patent expiry-plagued company said it will eliminate an additional 2,300 jobs, raising the tally of cuts to more than 5,000 through 2016.
AstraZeneca is cutting 650 jobs in the US, "primarily in R&D," and consolidating its R&D operations at three "strategic R&D centers" in "bioscience clusters," academic and industrial beehives where the company can tap into concentrations of talent and infrastructure.
- The 2017 pipeline report: What to know about next year's launches
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Monday, November 28, 2016
- Lilly's branded app for Trulicity looks to address adherence
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Lawmakers cut CME exemption from 21st Century Cures Act
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches gamified support program
- Omnicom merges AgencyRx, Flashpoint and three other agencies to form DDB Health
- No free lunch for docs: Sponsored meals linked to more prescriptions
- Non-profit behind Free Killer Tan wants parents to practice sun safety
- Allergan draws on A-list celebs to drive engagement
- Prescription drug spending rises 9% in 2015, to $324 billion
- As users move to mobile, Google says they made 200 million queries for info about cancer drugs
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Mylan CEO defends EpiPen strategy, questions pricing model in the U.S.
- Five things for pharma marketers to know: Thursday, December 1, 2016