Five things for pharma marketers to know: Wednesday, May 10, 2017
1. The Senate voted to confirm Dr. Scott Gottlieb as the new FDA commissioner. However, some lawmakers expressed concern that his “unprecedented” ties to industry will pose a problem. (NYT)
2. Endo is planning a direct-to-consumer campaign to market its drug Xiaflex as a treatment for Dupuytren's contracture, a type of hand deformity, executives said during an earnings call on Tuesday.
3. AstraZeneca's experimental drug for severe asthma failed in a late-stage study. An experimental Roche drug that blocks a protein called interleukin-13 has also run into problems. (Reuters)
4. Dr. Thomas Insel, a former head of the National Institute of Mental Health, is leaving Verily Life Sciences, where he led the company's mental-health research. (Modern Healthcare)
5. Johnson & Johnson said that the U.S. Attorney's Office in Massachusetts is investigating its co-pay support programs for hepatitis-C drug Olysio, rheumatoid arthritis treatment Simponi, and Crohn's disease drug Stelara. (Reuters)