More Business Briefs
- Business briefs: Pfizer, BMS, CMS, Sanofi
- Business briefs: Bayer, FDA, Ranbaxy
- Business briefs: Angelina Jolie, adherence, Sanofi, Teva, AbbVie
- Business briefs: Eli Lilly, Millennium/Takeda, Elan
- Business Briefs Merck, GSK, Novo, Walgreen, Epocrates, Doximity
The Saatchi & Saatchi Consumer Healthcare unit of Publicis Groupe has won the creative duties for Levitra, AdWeek.com reported late Thursday.
Levitra, which is now co-promoted by Schering-Plough and GlaxoSmithKline, has been in review for the past several weeks.
CommonHealth's Quantum previously held the account, but was not listed among the groups who were pitching. A spokeswoman for CommonHealth declined to comment to MM&M about the review this week
Estimated billings are $90 million.
The other finalists were Omnicom Group shops BBDO and Merkley + Partners, both in New York, according to AdWeek. DDB, another Omnicom shop, initially pursued the business but withdrew before final presentations, the report stated.
Bayer and GSK co-promoted Levitra since its launch in 2003, but earlier this year Bayer agreed to turn over marketing rights for most of its prescription drug products to Schering-Plough.